Being a kind of age indicator, the neck uncompromisingly betrays the years of its owner. It is the neck of women who pay attention to their beauty and youth, which is the most "painful point", the "Achilles heel". The skin of the neck and décolleté area ages quickly and often abruptly.
In order not to get into a desperate situation, you should be able to properly prevent age-related changes in the neck and décolleté area and take proper care and if they have already occurred, read below.
Causes of aging of the skin of the neck and décolleté
With a youthful face, an old neck is an unfortunate circumstance and an unpleasant visual contrast. The body is subject to wear and tear and every part of it, including the skin, undergoes some changes over time.
Aging of the neck skin occurs both due to physiological causes and due to its special anatomy:
- The skin of the neck is naturally thin;
- It has few sebaceous glands, which means it is prone to dryness.
- There are few cells that produce melanin in the skin of the neck, so the process of photoaging is particularly active here.
- Diseases and curvature of the spine burden the neck and exacerbate negative processes.
- Improper static posture (the so-called "neck of text" - a common inclination that is not normal for the neck) - also contributes to the treasury of change.
Cosmetological methods of rejuvenation
From a certain age (each type of skin aging has its own) you can not do without a beautician. Modern cosmetology offers a number of procedures for face and neck rejuvenation.
Cosmetology services will be useful if they are performed to prevent or correct the condition of the skin, in the absence of critical changes in its condition. In case of severe deformity of the skin or loss of muscle tone, as well as severe relaxation of the skin, it makes sense to seek the intervention of a plastic surgeon immediately.
Cosmetic treatments for Aphrodite rings
Horizontal neck wrinkles, also known as "Aphrodite rings", are a common reason for visiting cosmetic specialists. These aspects can be corrected in various ways.
A cosmetologist will diagnose the condition of the skin and offer a plan of procedures suitable for each specific case. Depending on the severity of the changes, they may be:
- noninvasive(massage, masks, peeling);
- utensils, accessories(microcurrents, radio frequencies, photorejuvenation, ultrasonic SMAS lifting, intermediate threads).
- injection(mesotherapy, biorejuvenation, introduction of fillers, plasmolifting).
These can be operations only for the neck or by capturing the décolleté area.
Initially, the skin of the neck is thin, and over time, aging and further thinning of the skin due to the loss of collagen-elastin skeleton requires replenishment of this pore. In fact, all the surgeries in the cosmetology clinic aim at the reconstruction of the skin.
This can be the introduction of fillers based on hyaluronic acid and in the case of hardware techniques, biorejuvenation, mesotherapy, plasma lifting and finally can be the reinforcement of fibers with yarn frame.
Tightening or re-skinning the skin will help increase its elasticity and firmness, making the wrinkles less intense or smoothing them completely.
Types of neck plastic surgery
If the cosmetologist improves the quality of the skin and smoothes the skin folds, then in case of drastic changes, these measures may not work. Then plastic surgery comes to the rescue. This branch of medicine also has a number of methods for correcting the condition of the skin of the neck:
- Neck neck surgery- This is a set of activities at the SMAS level (muscle-tendon fiber system). It includes several types of correction: skin straightening, muscle tightening and, if necessary, liposuction.
- In addition to neck surgery,through plastyplastic- a way of restoring the aesthetic proportions of the neck by suturing the subcutaneous muscle of the neck (wide) in the center of the convergence of the fibers. This procedure is performed through a small incision under the chin.
- For lateral plastyThe platen is pulled to the sides of the neck and the scars are hidden behind the ear after the operation. This method restores the angle of the lower jaw - the "Joli line", making it more pronounced. In general, after the procedure, the condition of the lower third of the face will improve - in particular, the angles and the double chin will be reduced or almost disappear.
Platysmoplasty procedures usually last 30-60 minutes and are usually part of a complete rejuvenation operation. Recovery after plasmoplasty takes about 2 weeks, the sutures are removed on the 10th-12th day and a special bandage must be worn for the entire period.
With the intervention of plastic surgery, not only the neck is rejuvenated, but also the décolleté area is lifted.
How to renew the skin of the neck at home?
Any cosmetologist will tell you that the rejuvenation of the neck and décolleté should start with care at home and as early as possible. The prevention of photoaging, nutrition and hydration are the main helpers in the fight for the youth of the zone.
Masks and peels
The minimum necessary for the skin of this sensitive area is daily cleansing, hydration and nourishment. In addition, from the age of about 30, additional in-house neck and décolleté skin care procedures should be added, which should be done at least 1-2 times a week.
These can be peels or gums with light acid or fruit, as well as masks that moisturize and nourish the skin with nutrients.
Also, to rejuvenate the skin of the neck, do not forget the good old massage. In addition, it is not necessary to contact a specialist (although it is recommended to do it periodically - many lessons a year will not be unnecessary). And at home, to rejuvenate and prevent aging of the neck, you can do periodic self-massage, but with the mandatory use of oils and without stretching the skin.
Exercise, yoga, pilates, in addition to improving body posture by strengthening the back muscles, will also help rejuvenate the skin, because a healthy spine and especially the cervical region is the key to a beautiful neck.
There are also various facial exercises that are also good in combination with other procedures and are preventive measures against aging.
To keep the skin of the neck and décolleté in good shape, nourishing masks with avocado, egg white and various oils (for example, neroli) are popular.
Vitamins C and A will help improve the skin of the neck and rejuvenate the décolleté area. These can be, for example, lotus or kiwi-based masks. Note the recipe:
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and crushed with a fork.
- add 0. 5 tsp. honey;
- add 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
Apply the mixture on clean skin and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, apply cream or serum.
Much has been said and written about the beauty of a woman's neck. Among the Japanese, for example, this area of the body is elevated to a special cult - the geisha paid close attention to it, emphasizing the cutting of the kimono. A feminine and graceful neck gives elegance and grace to its owner and the effort and money spent on caring for this part of the body will never go unnoticed.